Monday, July 23, 2018

Maybe she is back at it

Writing was a big part of my life and self expression for years. I started preteen and buried it in my late twenties. I not only quit I literally set fire to countless journals and composition books. I did this for a couple of reasons. One, I was certain I would not live long and I did not want anyone knowing my dark thoughts. Two, I was invaded.

My ex husband read my journals like a parent does to diaries. He also broke the password on my laptop and read everything. The day I discovered this I ripped up my recent journals into pieces in front of him. I wrote a little after my divorce but that feeling of needing to protect myself was just too strong. I feel like the only truth that is in me comes out when I write. No one was going to steal that from me again. The thoughts of an eminent and early death served as a huge writers block. Now, I have this crazy idea of sharing. That is so it cannot be stolen.

I have had a few people in my life encourage me to get back to it. Therapists, a friend here or there that knew what it meant to me. I just could not bring myself to it, even after buying a nice journal. So what things am I going to tell about? I am going to write about my multiple pregnancy losses, my escape from fundamental christianity, what it looks like to live with bipolar, suicide, addiction, the efforts I have taken in self destruction, the constant battle in my head, my grieving, and all that depressing shit.

We all have a story. We all have open wounds and healing scars. Call me morbid but I like hearing about the struggle and the pain. It makes me not feel so alone. It makes us human, it puts us all on the same level. We all bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment